Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bein' Sketchy With Noble Treachery, Part 1: The Assassin

Recently I was commissioned to do a pair of pieces for a game called Noble Treachery, which is currently up for funding on Kickstarter. I encourage everyone to check it out here, and support it if it seems like your kind of thing. It looks pretty cool(and I'm only a little biased). 

The first piece I was asked to illustrate was a medieval assassin, preferably a femme fatale. The piece needed to work within a square, but since I wanted a vertical piece for myself I extended the art. I submitted these three sketches.


The first sketch was chosen, but I was asked if she could have more of a "dominatrix" feel, while keeping her in medieval times. She gained a bunch of buckles and studded leather.


That did the trick, and I moved on to do this drawing.


I'm currently working on the final painting, so there will be a post about it when it is finished.

Next time...The Crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment