Saturday, May 4, 2013


I wanted to do a couple of character illustrations. These are them.

  Initial sketches in my sketchbook.

Messing with color.

Final drawings.

Friday, May 3, 2013


This started out as an entry for an ArtOrder challenge, but I struggled with it alot and only recently finished it. It's oil on board, as usual.

Here's a bunch of thumbnails.

For the finished drawing I tried something new and did it directly on the board, but it looked absolutely atrocious and will never see the light of day. Turns out erasing pencil from gessoed board is very difficult, so I spent the better portion of the painting fixing my screwed up drawing. It's not somethinging I plan on doing again. 
I also decided to remove the light beam. At some point during the painting I felt that it just looked awkward, and then on top of that I also found out that a light beam was actually impossible at the angle I had the light coming from.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Alpha Predator

That shark needs to get a clue.
Oil on board.

 Process Shots!